Tuesday, September 9, 2014

8 weeks.

Written on: 05/04/14

8 Weeks. 2 Months. Unbelievable. 

8 weeks of sweet baby pregnancy.  I really like being pregnant.  I think it is cool that God has made this tiny human inside of me that I get to keep safe until it is time to enter the world! It’s just amazing to me, only God could write a story like that.  We are so in love, and it’s only been 8 weeks! 

We had a little bit of a scare moment last week.  I was having some pain consistent with cyst pain that I had experienced in the past.  The pain was concerning to the doctor coupled with the fact that my silly intestines were very, very inflamed.  My doctor asked that I get an early, internal, ultrasound at the hospital when I was 7 weeks.  Which was Thursday, April 24th.  They wanted to check for fetal viability and she wanted to make sure we were only dealing with one sweet babe! The possibility of 2 babies made my heart flutter, with excitement. However the ultrasound not only confirmed that baby was just fine, there was also only one sweet baby safe and sound in there. : ) We got to *see* the heartbeat on that monitor.  Seeing that tiny little flutter was absolutely the single most amazing thing that I have ever experienced in my life.  I’m so, so thankful.  God is so good. 

I had an icky sinus infection and touch of bronchitis this week.  Which wasn’t that fun.  I also had my first pregnancy migraine which had poor Seth in a panic.  I got them before I was pregnant, but now I can’t take any of my medicine.  It’s just hard to not know what to do yet.  

We got to take some sweet announcement photos this week with the ever talented Amy Sprengel.  Here are some of our favorites. 







Aren’t those just the best thing ever!? We had SO much fun and I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to do this! 

How far along? 8 weeks 

Total weight gain: I actually lost 4 pounds, apparently this is normal. : )

Maternity clothes? Nope.

Stretch marks? Not yet!

Sleep: I am tired all the time.  However, my body has decided that it would like to be away around 5:30a or 6:00a every. single. day.  No exceptions.  This is VERY unusual for those of you that know me.  I’m not really an early morning lady, I rock 11:00a like nobodies business.  Now don’t get me wrong, once I’m up, I’m up, ready and happy to go.  I think that God is getting me ready for baby wake up calls.  Which I am ridiculously looking forward to.

Best moment this week: Seth and I got to spend quite a bit of time together this week cooking, laughing, and laying on our couch.  Those moments had been pretty few and far between, so I’m thankful there were lots this week.

Miss Anything? Nope!

Movement: Not yet.

Food cravings: Fruit, ranch, vanilla milkshakes and chicken farfalle. Seth has been the bomb about any and all cravings! He's just the best. 

Anything making you queasy or sick:  My sense of smell is still a little cray.  I also turned the eating corner this week.  I have to eat every 2 hours or I feel like I’m going to throw up and/or pass out.  Not my two favorite feelings, so I try to avoid them. : ) 

Have you started to show yet: No

Gender: TBD

Labor Signs: None.

Symptoms: Sense of smell, tenderness, crying a lot (read: all the freaking time), I cannot stop.  Even a commercial can send me over the edge, watch out people! : ) 

Things I’m looking forward to: We get to hear the heart beat this week at my 9-week appointment.  I. Cannot. Wait.  That might also be the biggest understatement of the century.  

No comments:

Post a Comment