Tuesday, September 9, 2014

24 weeks.

Written: 08/27/14

So… It’s been a little busy around the Robert’s life the last little while.

I meant to do this every 2 weeks for those of you playing along at home, but not able to see us as much as we would like!

We revealed that Baby Roberts 2014 is Daisy Hope Roberts on June 21st, surrounded by family and friends.  That night was such a blessing, I’m so thankful for it.






We moved the first of July into a house in Waukesha, owned by dear friends of ours that we are renting from! We love it.  It has been so fun getting to paint and update things to fit our style. We have had  a lot of fun, and a lot of help! Which we are so thankful for! So I was 16 weeks when we moved, and that is when the swelling settled in.  I have had awful swelling in my legs and ankles, since then!




My best friend got married on July, 25th. Daisy’s first wedding, how perfect. <3



Seth went to Colorado for a mission trip with our high school students on July 26th.  I had been SUPER emotional for about 4 week leading up to this (not having anything to do with this... just crazy hormones). The day he left I couldn't stop crying, you would have thought that the man died. It was pitiful.  Let's just say not being able to reach a bottle of Dr. Pepper sent me into a crying fit in the middle of Wal-Mart.  It was bad, people, real bad. Thankfully Seth's sister Kerri was staying with me, and kept me sane all week!

When I was 20 weeks I went in for a little check-up, that was supposed to take 15 minutes.  However, my doctor was a little concerned by my swelling and sent me to the hospital for some tests.  The tests came back normal, and all is well.  That was a great test for Seth and I to really rely on God.  With so much that can go wrong in a pregnancy it’s easy to worry and toil.  I’m so glad that my God is bigger than all of that.


How far along? 24 Weeks (Week of August, 18)

Total weight gain: 5 pounds

Maternity clothes? Oh you better believe it! Some of my shirts are getting a little short. : )

Stretch marks? Sadly yes, Alayna thinks they are funny. : )

Sleep: Sleep has been iffy at best these days.  Some night I sleep great, and some nights not so much!

Best moment this week: I turned 23 this week and got to celebrate with my family and friends! It was wonderful.

Miss Anything? Nope!

Movement: Oh yes, this sweet baby girl kicks up a storm! 

Food cravings:  Fruit, chocolate muffins and breakfast food. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really! That passed a while ago, and I’m so thankful! 

Have you started to show yet:  Oh yes, she is here people!

Gender: GIRL 

Labor Signs: None.

Symptoms: Just the swelling! 

Things I’m looking forward to: Getting Daisy’s nursery together! We have slowly been gathering things, but we need to get it together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment