Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Why I named my blog, "He's already there"

First of all, if you
are reading this blog... Thank you so much! It means so much to me that you are interested in my life enough to read this. I thank God for each and every one of you! You are all truly a blessing to me in your own way, and I couldn't imagine my life without any of you. I am going to use this blog not only to update everyone on my health issues but also the great and abundant things that God blesses me with everyday.

On New Year's Eve my family and I attended service at our church, Fox River Christian Church. The last song they sang was a song called, "Already There" by Casting Crowns. This song really spoke to me, at one point they sing, "When I'm lost in the mystery, to you my future is a memory, Cause You're already there,You're already there. Standing at the end of my life, waiting on the other side, Cause You're already there, You're already there." And I realized that God is already standing at the end of my life watching everything that I do from now until then. That really struck me, because I cannot control this life, and God does truly deeply love me, and he does want the best for me. That everything that happens, both good and bad for for an exact purpose that I cannot and will not know until I am standing at the end of my life with my Savior looking back on the life I have lived. I just have to trust that everything that God does is perfect and just right for me. Because, only He can see how all the pieces of my life fit together, and I just have to trust. He's already there.

Listen to the song
here:
http://youtu.be/Ouj1Ai4lIeY?hd=1

2 comments:

  1. God is using you Ashlyn. Just reading the first couple of days of your blog has made me remember to stop trying to control every aspect of my life. I'm much older than you but God is giving you wisdom way beyond your years. You are in my prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete