Monday, January 9, 2012

Great and not so great rolled into one.

I hope that you find yourself in the midst of great thanksgiving to God for all of His blessings upon us today and everyday. I just wanted to give everyone an update. I had the most dreaded colonoscopy today! As I noted before I have never really liked going to the doctor, so this procedure made me especially nervous! However through strength that only the Lord can give, I held it together much better this time than the last. However, this procedure did not go as well as the last time. For some reason the drugs they were giving me via I.V. (to "put me under") did not take as well this time. During the last part of the procedure I woke up and was feeling everything they were doing, let's just say that it was NOT pleasant at all. They were unable to give me anymore drugs, and I believe that I eventually "passed out" from the pain of it. I'm just saying, there is a reason they put you out for this! So, all in all my biggest fear of the colonoscopy came true, but I know God had a reason for it and I cannot wait to see what it is! On a much happier note, we did find out that I am almost completely in remission. Remission for Crohn's is simply when the disease is no longer active in the bowels and is being completely controlled with medication. I only have two inches that are currently infected (very minimally), and both are separated from each other. I cannot begin to tell you what an amazing blessing this is. I have been praying to God for a while that He would show me if it was the right thing to switch to a different medication. This has been an answer to prayer. The new medication I am on has virtually NO side-effects, it is not an immunosuppressant and it will no longer irritate my liver. The doctor said that in 2-3 weeks I should be feeling "as good as new". This entire experience has been so overwhelmingly hard and yet fulfilling in the same breath. I have learned that my God is truly and wholly an awesome, amazing, all powerful God that holds my entire life in the palm of His hand. God is completely in control of my life and my situation and all the worrying in the world is not going to do any good. He is great and He is good, and I believe that with my whole heart. Thank you for your prayers and for your continued prayers. I cannot being to even say how much your kind words and encouragement in the love of our Father means to me.
He's already there.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up oKn this PRAISE GOD!! I am thrilled that you are responding to these new meds and that there is hope that soon you can feel like you again. I so sorry that the procedure didn't go too well...

    I love you lots and lots and as I said to your mom tonight, I missed you but know you had a hot date.

    ReplyDelete