Sunday, March 13, 2016

Dear Daisy Hope

Dear Daisy Hope,

Last Friday night, we had to take you to the ER, you were having an allergic reaction to something and momma and daddy couldn't figure out what. You were uncomfortable, and sad and wanted someone to hold you, but we had to be in the car and your brother's car seat makes it impossible for momma to sit next to you when you're sad anymore.  We tried talking to you, singing, and being silly and nothing was working . You were mad and you were going to let everyone know.


Then momma remembered the secret weapon, "Healer" by Kari Jobe. It's been your favorite song since you came bursting into this world. Momma listened to it probably one hundred times while you and I were on bed rest. When you were just days old, it was the only song that could get you to calm down, and it has continued to be your favorite and the only song that will calm you down when you are truly having a moment. So I turned it on, and you calmed down almost instantly.

I love this song, and I know the words by heart, and I have prayed this song over you many times. I prayed this song over you, before you even existed. But this time, the lyrics hit momma a little differently. These specifically:

"Noting is impossible for you
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

And I believe You're my poriton
Lord I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need
More than enough for me 
Jesus you're all I need."

I just prayed that you would find comfort in these words all the days of your life. I sat in the car on the way to the ER and prayed that you would remember that nothing is impossible for Jesus. Daddy and I trust that God holds your world in His hands, but that you would trust in that too. That you would trust and know that He holds your whole world in His hands, and you could just rest in that. That all the days of your life Jesus would be more than enough for you. I pray that you would feel the overwhelming presence of God all around you, in every way. That you would believe that Jesus is your healer and you can depend on Him, and lean on Him all your days. He is all you need baby girl, forever and for always. Your very life is a miracle that we thank Jesus for every day. 

Baby bear, I love you more than words could ever say.

Love, 

Momma Bear 


No comments:

Post a Comment